Thursday, February 2, 2012

Paul Simon - You can call me AL

2-2-12  Ran very early today.  I had a full day at work and it is Catholic Schools Week, which means they have all kinds of things going on at school during the day and kids have an expectation that you will be there.  I still think schools lives in the dark ages when it comes to working parents.  I do an awful lot for the school, Room Mother, School Board member, volunteer for most anything that is asked of me, but why can't you do some of this stuff after hours????  Okay done venting.  There was a parent/student lunch today. Everyone brings lunch, sits in the parish hall and eats together.  If you don't come, your child is "THE ONLY KID WITHOUT A PARENT" or so I have been told.  Anyway, I was able to take off at 10:30 to go to McDonalds, pick up lunch and be at school by 11:03 which was the official start time and I made it back home for my noon conference call.

I ran three miles today.  It was a bit colder than it has been, 36 degrees, but wind chill of about 30.  I wore my pink jacket (too hot), my thin black gloves (too cold) no head band (big mistake).  It was a nice easy run around Campden Lake.  


A man walks down the street
He says why am I short of attention
Got a short little span of attention
And wo my nights are so long
Where's my wife and family
What if I die here
Who'll be my role-model
Now that my role-model is
Gone Gone
He ducked back down the alley
With some roly-poly little bat-faced girl
All along along
There were incidents and accidents
There were hints and allegations


I think this is about a midlife crisis.  I am not having a crisis, thank you, but I am in my midlife (or am I passed that now?)  Anyway, fun little song, fun to sing fun to think about the lyriscs.  Like what is a roly poly bat faced girl?  I don't know.  What is his real name?  Who is Betty.  Ah, what the heck just enjoy the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment