Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Elton John - Tiny Dancer

2-7-12  I had a bad day.  I planned to run 3 miles but after about 1 mile I started to get the shin pain that I have had off and on since I broke my foot.  It is always shin pain in my left leg, same side as my broken foot.  I used to think it was shin splints, but I don't think they come and go so easily.  I will have terrible pain one day and then be fine the next.  Anyway, I decided to stop running and go home rather than make the situation worse.  I was also a bit anxious about work.  I am in the middle of a deal that the bank is making with the Department of Justice and the Attorney Generals in several states.  Once an official settlement is signed, I will have to pull the trigger on many pieces of c9ommunications and the whole time I was running, I was worrying about whether the big notification would come while I was away from home.  I really didn't need to worry, we didn't have a high confidence level that the announcement would be made today, and I was never more than about 15 minutes from home.  Oh well, I will take Advil before I run tomorrow, I need to get 4 miles in tomorrow.


Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand
 
So this song was written by Bernie Taupin about his first wife.  I have always liked it a lot.  I think I was listening to this song while I was limping home.  I actually cut through a neighbor's backyard to get home rather than walk the extra half mile to go the street route.  12 hours later, my leg feels fine.  I wish I knew why this happened periodically.  It used to happen quite frequently but hasn't happened since around Thanksgiving.  I really thought that it was behind me and that my regular running had eliminated this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment