Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Who - Baba O'Reilly


Shoe-icide "putting so much stress on the ball of your
 foot can cause bone and nerve damage and pain".
3-7-12  I have had a bad week.  When Bob and I went to the Night at the Races, I wore a Derby type of cocktail dress and I wore HIGH HEELS.  Jeez, what is wrong with me.  How many times have I suspected that my shin splints have been caused by wearing heels.  I couldn't run for about 5 days after Julie's wedding because I wore HIGH HEELS.  I used to wear HIGH HEELS very regularly and they were never a problem.  Then when I broke my foot, I didn't wear HIGH HEELS for about 6 months and then when I did after that, I always had problems.  So why did I think I could wear them Saturday?  I don't know, but I am pretty mad at myself and now I know for sure they are the source of my occasional problem. 

No, I do not own these.  Don't they look painful?
I have been running for weeks with no issues, running long distances with no issues and I could not run this week.  Monday both calves were having all these jumpy jittery feelings.  I had to massage them constantly.  Tuesday they felt better but I didn't feel like I could run.  Today I did run but only 1.5 miles.  I didn't want to push it.  I had calf pain in my right leg and shin pain in my left leg.  I am not going to worry about what I was supposed to do this week.  I just need to get past this.  I may run tomorrow or may wait until Friday.  There is a 100% chance of rain tomorrow.  Friday is supposed to be nicer weather.  Today was warm, 69 degrees when I went out to run, but it was windy.  I didn't realize how windy until I was out there.  It was awful.  Then I got home and turned on the news, Weather Alert, Wind Advisory in effect until 7:00 pm.  Up to 50 MPH wind gusts.  I am pretty sure I ran through some of those, it was hard to keep moving.  Just a bad run all the way around today!!!

Out here in the fields
I fight for my meals
I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight
To prove I'm right
I don't need to be forgiven.
yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah

Don't cry
Don't raise your eye
It's only teenage wasteland

Sally, take my hand
We'll travel south cross land
Put out the fire
And don't look past my shoulder.

The exodus is here
The happy ones are near
Let's get together
Before we get much older.

Teenage wasteland
It's only teenage wasteland.
Teenage wasteland
Oh, yeah
Its only teenage wasteland
They're all wasted!

I love the beginning of this song.  From what I understand, it is an organ that is played through a synthesizer.  Whatever it is, the beginning is the best part of the song. Unfortunately, even this couldn't get me moving very far today.  :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment