Tuesday, March 13, 2012

John Phillips

3-13-12  Week 8!!  I had a good run today.  My legs are feeling better from the weekend run of 12 miles.  In all of the running that I have done so far for this marathon, I have never been sore from running.  I mean that I have never woken up the next day and felt muscle soreness from running the day before.  I have had some other issues, like pain from wearing high heels, but I view that differently.  this week is different.  After my 12 miles run, I woke up the next day and had a lot of pain in my upper thighs.  It reminded me of my very first run ever, running the Reuther. When I did that I had to use the hand rail on my parents stair case to lower myself down.  It was the same , but not as bad.  I actually took the elevator at work and I work on the 2nd floor.  I found  myself apologizing and needing to explain myself to others on the elevator why I couldn't walk one flight Ha-ha!! 
The weather is incredible this week.  I picked the right winter to train for a marathon.  When I think about the last couple of winters and how much snow we had.  OMG, I would have been really dealing with winter.  I only ran with the YakTrax once.  It was a blast on Valentine's Day but honestly, glad I didn't have to use those every day.
I decided to listen to Pandora today.  I haven't been listening to the Internet radio for a while, ever since I realized how much I was chewing up my wireless data allotment by listening to hours of Pandora.  I don't quite get that.  If I listen to Pandora in my home, using my WI-FI, it doesn't count.  Too bad my neighborhood couldn't have a network of home WI-fi that we could all tap in to as we move about.  Oh well, that is why I have been taking more of my old Cd's and loading them to my computer and copying over to my iPhone.  All that aside, I heard a song today that I like that I had never heard before.  It was done by John Phillips of the Mamas and the Papas.  It was from his album called The Wolfking of LA.  The song I heard is Mississippi.  Later I bought his album from iTunes so I now have the whole album and I really like it.  He lived a troubled life and died too young.  Lots of allegations about him but i am just writing about liking the music.  Nothing more.  As I went to look at the lyrics of the songs, I didn't like them.  They are about drugs, gigilos, sex, alcohol,  junkies, robbers. Not sure why I am surprised.  I like his voice and I like the melodies of the songs, but when I actually listened to the lyrics, I can't say much about them and  not planning to post them here.



No comments:

Post a Comment