Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Santana - Smooth

3-28-12  I made all kinds of bad choices today!  First, when I got home from work, rushing to go out for a run, I saw that my neighbors trashcans were in the middle of the street.  Their dog was outside, but maybe they were not hone.  I parked my car in the drive way and ran across the street and grabbed their trash cans.  As I went across the street, I stepped on the edge of the brick drive and turned my ankle.  Crap!  So much for being the nice guy!  Maybe they need to secure their trash cans.
Then I was trying to decide where to run.  It was very windy.  First, I shouldn't have gone outside at all.  But then if I was going to go out, I shouldn't have picked a route where I went East, running with the wind so that I had to run straight in to the wind coming home.  I even thought about that on my drive home, but sure enough, I picked a route that took me 2 miles away from home running with the wind.  I thought I was going to die coming home.  I swear I wanted to just sit down in the middle of the road.  When I got home finally and turned on the news, they said we had 35 mph winds.  Think about that.  Think about being in a convertible, driving 35 mph.  Its pretty windy.  Now think about trying to propel yourself forward with out the help of the car engine straight in to the 35 mph wind.  Not a good choice Pam!
I ran through the Lakes of Powell to Murphy Parkway.  When I moved to Ohio, the area in which I live now, was considered a drive out in the country.  There was a place called Murphy's Party Barn.  You could rent the party barn and haev parties.  It was popular in the fall and winter where you could also have hay rides and bonfires.  It is now a housing development and that is where I was running today.
I was suppose to run 7 miles today, according to my plan.  As you increase your long runs on the weekend, your total mileage during the week is suppose to increaase so that it is close to being equivalent to what you will run on the weekend.  My run this weekend is 15 miles so I am supposed to run 15 miles between Tuesday, Wednesday and Thrusday runs.  Not sure if I will make it because I haev a busy day on thursday.
My run was not smooth at all, but I do love Santana's song "Smooth".

Man it's a hot one
Like seven inches from the midday sun
Well I hear you whisper and the words melt everyone
But you stay so cool
My mu equita my Spanish Harlem Mona Lisa
You're my reason for reason
The step in my groove
Yea
And if you say, "This life ain't good enough"
I would give my world to lift you up
I could change my life to better suit your mood
'Cause you're so smooth

And it's just like the ocean under the moon
Well it's the same as the emotion that I get from you
You got the kind of lovin' that can be so smooth, yeah
Gimme your heart, make it real
Or else forget about it

No comments:

Post a Comment