Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want

3-27-12 It was very cold this morning.  We had a frost overnight and it was 30 degrees when I ran.  We should have covered plants.  Our hydrangea had a lot of foliage and it is frozen now.  I hope that it just grows new leaves. I had to run early because Carson has soccer practice after school so I cannot run tonight.  Bob and I are splitting the practices so I take Carson on Tuesday and Bob takes him on Thursday.  Matthew goes along and plays at the park.  Running was a bit hard today, just stiff from the long run on Sunday.  Just the usual, nothing new.  I took a picture of myself, pretty bad, but it is what it is.  Me.

Lots of beautiful trees along the way.  I love this time of year.  It leaves us so quickly though.  Strong wind and a good rain and the blooms are all on the ground.








 I have moved to a new office at Easton.  I inquired about having the movers pack my stuff and transport it to my new office, about 6 miles further away from home.  I found out that I'd have to schedule it and it would be about 3-4 weeks before they would come to move me.  I didn't want to wait so I packed everything today in shopping bags, loaded it on a cart and wheeled it out to the car.  Moving Beverly Hillbillies style!

I love the Rolling Stones.  I have several favorite songs of theirs but this one, You Can't always Get What You Want, certainly is a classic and all time favorite.  The song features the London Bach Choir at the beginning and at points through the song.  It is said that the song is about a chance encounter that Mick had while standing in line at the pharmacy waiting to fill a prescription, when a chap named Jimmy complained that he couldn't get his favorite soda that day, favorite flavour, cherry red.  Thus the lyric, you can't always get what you want.  True or urban legend, no one knows.

I went down to the Chelsea drugstore
To get your prescription filled
I was standing in line with Mr. Jimmy
And man, did he look pretty ill
We decided that we would have a soda
My favorite flavor, cherry red
I sung my song to Mr. Jimmy
Yeah, and he said one word to me, and that was "dead"
I said to him

You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you just might find
You get what you need


No comments:

Post a Comment