Sunday, April 15, 2012

John Mayer - Free Fallin'


4-15-12  I had a bad day.  I started with a plan to run a new route.  There is a route called the Ohio Erie Trail.  It goes from Cincinnati to Cleveland.  The trail is a mix of road, paved paths and dirt paths.  I found a section that starts in Westerville and is all paved path.  I set out to run that trail.  First, I had a hard time finding the starting point of the trail.  Once I found it, I now think I may have run the wrong way to begin with.  Anyway, about one mile in to the run, I came to a street that I had to cross.  There was no sign that said which direction to pick up the trail.  I could not find it.  I ended up running on a path that ran along Cleveland Avenue, not very picturesque.  I continued along Cleveland until I got to Polaris Parkway and headed east to State Street which takes you back in to Westerville.  All screwed up.   I cut over on County Line Road, thinking I could double back and get the mileage that I needed.  I approached Africa Road.  The crossing light for pedestrians was illuminated so I picked up my speed a little to get through the intersection.  I tripped on one of those bumpy areas for wheel chairs and went air born in to the intersection.  I landed on the pavement and crawled quickly to the sidewalk, then got up and brushed myself off.  There was a couple sitting at the light that got out of their car to see if I was okay.   They offered to drive me back to my car.  I really felt like I should keep running but I was hurting and shaking so I accepted their offer.  They took me to my car.  I have really bad scrapes on the left side of my knee and big bruises too.  My shoulder has  a lot of skin missing and is badly bruised.  My hip is very sore, just a little bruised.  The palm of my hand is bruised and very swollen.  I think my Garmin took a lot of the brunt of the fall in the wrist area and that may have been a saving grace. The metal part of the watch is pretty badly gouged.  That would have been my wrist if not for the watch.  Five hours later, now my back is starting to hurt.
This is just before I fell

I drove home and found no one there.  I really wanted a bit of sympathy.  Sounds silly but I am still upset about this.  It was pretty scary as I tripped and knew there was no recovery as I was flying through the air and then landing on the pavement.  Then I thought of the comment Julie made about us dropping like flies.  I don't want to drop.  I have worked too hard for this.  I really want to make it!

One of my very best friends in the whole world, Sandy, sent me her play list of music that she listens to while exercising.  I downloaded the same music so I could listen to her music.  Many of the songs  I have never heard of but I trust Sandy and had to go with her suggestions.  As it turns out, I loved every single song.  It was fitting to listen to Sandy's music today since I was running in Westerville because that is where Sandy lived and where her parents' house is. 

Free Fallin' - There were many songs that I liked on my run today. Funny thing is that I was listening to Free Fallin' when I fell, so this had to be my song for today.  I had not heard John Mayer do this song before.  I am more familiar with Tom Petty's version.  I really liked this version.

She's a good girl, loves her mama
Loves Jesus and America too
She's a good girl, crazy 'bout Elvis
Loves horses and her boyfriend too

It's a long day livin' in Reseda
There's a freeway runnin' through the yard
And I'm a bad boy, 'cause I don't even miss her
I'm a bad boy for breakin' her heart

And I'm free, I'm free fallin'

All the vampires walkin' through the valley
Move west down Ventura Blvd
And all the bad boys are standing in the shadows
All the good girls are home with broken hearts

And I'm free, I'm free fallin'

I wanna glide down over Mulholland
I wanna write her name in the sky
I wanna free fall out into nothin'
Gonna leave this world for awhile

And I'm free, I'm free fallin'

No comments:

Post a Comment