Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Beatles - Mr. Moonlight

4-5-12  I start vacation tomorrow, yeah!!!  Matthew and Carson's spring break started Wednesday at 1:00 pm (why can't they just keep them the whole day?)  I had to work so Matthew and Carson had to entertain themselves yesterday afternoon and all of today.  They actually did quite well, gave me the time I needed to get through my work.  But today, by evening, they were throwing daggers at each other, figuratively and literally!!!  OMG, I did in fact find them throwing pieces of a metal rake that was broken (no idea where it came from, not ours) at each other!  Straight to their rooms, last straw, etc.  The rest of the vacation will be better.  It is hard for them to have no structure all day.  When I work all day and pretty much ignore them, they are spent by evening.

I ran 5.25 miles tonight.  I was supposed to run further, but it was windy.  Wind is not my friend.  You know how it is when you have a bad experience with something, and then you just can't tolerate it any more, even in low doses?  That is how I feel about wind.  And watermelon.  When I was much younger, living on Darcy Drive, I ate too much watermelon one day.  To this day... cannot eat a piece, not even a bite, of watermelon.  I can't drink a watermelon flavored drink, can't eat a watermelon flavored jelly belly, nothing.  ( Well....I can eat a jolly rancher that is watermelon flavored but that is because it tastes nothing like watermelon).  My point is that after last week with the 35 mph wind, I don't even want to run in the wind.  Today, I was getting ready to run.  Bob had come home early and was outside.  I asked him, is it windy?  He said no.  I looked out the window and could see trees swaying in the wind.  I could hear my windchimes singing a tune.  I said again, are you sure because I think it looks windy.  He said, no, it is very nice out, no wind.  Hmmmm. 

I got ready and left for my run.  No pain anywhere, feeling a bit sluggish because I ate all the Chinese leftovers for lunch, a late lunch too.  Not more than 4 minutes from my house and the wind gusts hit me.  I seriously wanted to turn around and go home, but of course I knew that would be wimpy and knew that would be counterproductive to what I am trying to accomplish.  It was an otherwise beautiful afternoon.  Sunny and 50 degrees or thereabouts.  I think the temp dropped 10 degrees during my one hour run.  The wind gusts lessened as I got out of my neighborhood and away from the golf course.  here is so much open space around the golf course that it tends to be much more windy if I just do the 3 mile loop around the course.  I did end up getting my 5 miles in, yeah.  Now I get one day off and then Saturday I will run 16 miles.  I am now getting close to where I get to the max of my distance before the marathon.  I run 16 on Saturday, then I run 12 the next weekend, then 18, then 14 then 20.  After that, I have two weeks of taper and it is Marathon!!! OMG  I really never thought I'd get this far!  Woo hoo!!!!

Mr. Moonlight
Mister Moonlight
You came to me one summer night
And from your beam you made my dream
And from the world you sent my girl
And from above you sent us love
And now she is mine, I think you're fine
'Cause we love you Mister Moonlight

Mister Moonlight come again please
Here I am on my knees begging if you please
And the night you don't come my way
I pray and pray more each day
'Cause we love you Mister Moonlight

And the night you don't come my way
I pray and pray more each day
'Cause we love you Mister Moonlight

Mister Moonlight come again please
Here I am on my knees begging if you please
And the night you don't come my way
I pray and pray more each day
'Cause we love you Mister Moonlight
Mister Moonlight...

I love the harmonizing in this song.  When it started, while I was running, it just made me perk up and get a bounce in my step, seriously.  Don't laugh.  A lot of the early Beatles songs have such great melodies and you can sing and bounce and just be happy with them. 

The other song from the Beatles For Sale album that I absolutely love is.......

Just let me hear some of that
rock and roll music,
Any old way you choose it
Gotta be rock 'n' roll music
If you wanna dance with me
If you wanna dance with me

No comments:

Post a Comment