Sunday, May 20, 2012

Smashmouth - I'm a Believer

Poppies in bloom
My fluffy peonies
5-20-12  One week from now I will be done.  That feels good.  I even thought about this yesterday afternoon, that I would be done.  I have decided to stop worrying.  If I don't finish, that is okay.  I have worked hard, become a much stronger runner, had fun doing it and plan to continue running at pretty much what I have been doing during training. (without the stress).  I hope to finish and mathematically, I can finish in under 6 hours even with some level of walking, which I will likely need to do.  I have to remember to stretch, get a good night's sleep, take some advil (very important) and just try to enjoy it.  I ran 8 miles today, which was the plan for the taper runing schedule.  It wasn't that great.  I had a pain in my right hip from the start.  I talked to Bob about it.  He said I might have degenrative joint disease, or it could be just strained.  He showed me a strectching exercise for this. I think exercises and Advil will help.
My favorite peonies finally bloomed
Kai has a friend who had two beach rooms at the Grand Traverse that she is not going to use.  She had the hotel hold them for Kai and me.  I talked to them yesterday, canceled my origignal room with Expedia and reserved the beachfront room, right next to Kai's.  When I originally booked my room, the only thing left was the jacuzzi room with one King bed.  It was more expensive, but I had to take it.  I had planned on having the boys sleep on the floor in sleeping bags.  Now our new room costs less, is on the beach and has two Queen beds.  Much better.
Here is a picture of the course.  The red line shows the maration, starting at the bottom, going 13 miles out and then back.  the half marathoners are bused out to the point and they run the second half of the course back to the start.  Blue is the spectator route.  Green dots are 'potties' and red + marks are aid stations.   (might get to know those well).

I'm a Believer is a song done by the Monkees.  Smashmouth also recorded it and I love their rendition of this song.   Much more energetic.  Could also be due to the fact that I love the Shrek movies and this was a big song in the first Shrek movie.  If you have never listened to this rendition, you absolutely have to!!!  Very energizing!
I thought love was
Only true in fairy tales
Meant for someone else
But not for me
Love was out to get to me
That's the way it seems
Disappointment haunted
All my dreams

And then I saw her face
Now I'm a believer
Not a trace
Of doubt in my mind
I'm in love
I'm a believer
I couldn't leave her
If I tried

I thought love was
More or less a given thing
The more I gave the less
I got, oh yeah
What's the use in trying
All you get is pain
When I wanted sunshine                 
I got rain





No comments:

Post a Comment