Friday, May 18, 2012

Jr. Walker & The All Stars (I'm a) Road Runner


One World Trade center
...a robin feathering her nest
 has very little time to rest
5-18-12  I have officially started the taper (although you might say I have been tapering for a month).  I am also officially nervous about next weekend.  Today I ran 3 miles, no big deal.  I felt good, ran around Campden Lakes, the very first run I ever took with my husband, some 14 years ago.  I did see a robin as I left my driveway, gathering things for her nest.  I just got back from New York last night, just one night.  I started a new job!  I started working in the Mortgage Banking business a year ago May.  I have enjoyed what I have done, but I feel like I came in to make a difference in how some particular work is executed, I have made changes and improvements have been shown and now it is status quo.  I got a call from a guy that I had known back during my merger days.  My company had purchased a package for loan originations from a well known company in that market and they are working to implement this package.  Lots of problems have arisen and they were looking for someone to come in and lend some expertise managing a large program, someone that has dome large cross bank programs before, such as the mergers.  It sounded like a big challenge and a lot of fun so I said yes and Thursday was my first day.  Went to New York for an all day walk through of the system.


I have been having trouble sleeping.  I lay awake at night scared about the marathon.  I started this with such determination and enthusiasm.  I followed the training plan, to the tee!  Then I fell.  That was upsetting more than anything, not a big setback.  But then I had this terrible shin pain which turned out to be bad shin splints.  I have had shin splints before (or what I thought was shin splints) and I was fine in a day.  This was different.  I literally couldn't walk.  I had trouble getting from my car to my office.  It was so bad for many days.  Anyway, this was a set back I hadn't counted on.  So now, here I am, a few short days from the race and I didn't finish the training.  I never got to 18 miles, let alone 20 miles.  Kai tells me I am ready and it will be okay.  I don't know and I keep worrying about this over and over. 

Money, who needs it?
Just to live my life free and easy
Put the toothbrush in my hand
And let me be travelin', man
'Cause I'm a roadrunner, baby
I'm a roadrunner, baby
Can't stay in one place too long
I'm a roadrunner, baby
Mess with me and I'll be gone
You can love me if you wanna
But I do declare
If I get restless
I've gotta move somewhere
I'm a roadrunner, baby
Can't find my home (no!)
And I love the life I live
And I'm gonna live the life I love
Roadrunner, baby
Don't a-want no woman
Just have me bound
Got to be free, baby
To roam around
All my life I've been like this
If you love me, it's your own risk
When the dust hit my shoes
I got the urge to move
Said, I'm a roadrunner, baby
Just keep on, keepin' on
Yeah!
And I live the life I love
And I'm gonna love the life I live
Yes, I'm a roadrunner, baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment